East Tennessee Military Affairs Council
ETMAC is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1990 to recognize, encourage, support and advocate for, and on behalf of, military activities in East Tennessee. ETMAC brings together the military units in East Tennessee with military and civilian organizations, Veterans, military retirees, political leaders, news outlets, and members of the public. The organization provides a forum to share volunteers, information and ideas, challenges and solutions, and to assist in fundraising activities.
In cooperation with the Knoxville Chamber, ETMAC:
- Informs community, business, education, and government leaders about East Tennessee military units, their missions, and their contribution to the local economy;
- Serves as a liaison between military units, military-related organizations, and the public;
- Helps the community avoid “loss by default” of military offices, detachments, and installations;
- Helps military people and their families understand that East Tennessee values them as members of the community;
- Promotes and supports military events and functions;
- Supports area military recruiters;
- Promotes the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Program; and
- Supports charitable, scientific, and educational programs and events.
ETMAC sponsors and supports several military-related activities including:
- Annual Knoxville Veteran’s Day Luncheon;
- Colonel Jack K. Westbrook (USAF, Ret.) Army and Air Force ROTC Scholarships, University of Tennessee;
- Veteran’s Day Parade;
- HonorAir Knoxville;
- Tennessee Veterans Business Association (TVBA) and TVBA Vendor Day and Job Fair;
- Pearl Harbor Day Remembrance Ceremony;
- Mountain Man Memorial March; and
- East Tennessee Veterans Memorial Association (ETVMA).
ETMAC membership is open to any individual, business, or organization. For more information, you can use our contact us link. Alternatively, please call the Knoxville Chamber at 865-637-4550 and ask for the “ETMAC representative.” There are nominal dues for individuals and civilian organizations, and no dues for military units.
ETMAC membership is open to any individual, business, or organization. For more information, you can use our contact us link. Alternatively, please call the Knoxville Chamber at 865-637-4550 and ask for the “ETMAC representative.” Here is our membership application. There are nominal dues for individuals and civilian organizations, and no dues for military units.
Monthly meetings are typically held at the offices of the Knoxville Chamber, 17 Market St., Suite 201, downtown Knoxville, on the first Thursday of each month. However, be sure to check our calendar for the exact date and location, since we do try to move meetings when member organizations offer to host a monthly gathering.
Breaking News – May 7, 2015
Eddie Mannis, Founder and Chairman of Honor Air Knoxville, announced this morning at the ETMAC meeting. Honor Air Knoxville is now accepting applications from Vietnam Veterans who would like to be flown to
Washington DC to see the War Memorials at no cost to them at all. This is such wonderful news since most Honor flights across the country have stopped flying to DC after there were no more WWII and Korean Vets in their area signing up to take the trip.
If you know a Vietnam Veteran that would like to take a free trip to DC, please have them visit the Honor Air Knoxville website and click on the Vietnam Veteran Application. The next flight is Oct. 7, 2015.