EAST TENNESSEE MILITARY AFFAIRS COUNCIL (ETMAC)
The East Tennessee Military Affairs Council (ETMAC) is organized to recognize, encourage, support and be an advocate for military activities in East Tennessee as they relate to national defense and economic vitality of the area. Some of the ways in which ETMAC accomplishes its goal are:
- Educating community, business and political leaders on the military, its missions and economic impact.
- Working as a liaison between civic and military communities.
- Maintaining continuous community support so as to avoid “loss by default” of military installations.
- Making apparent to military personnel and their families that the greater East Tennessee area values them as important citizens, friends, and welcome additions to the community.
- Promoting and supporting military related functions.
- Offering support to local recruiters.
- Promoting and enhancing Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve (ESGR).
- Promoting charitable, scientific and educational activities
- Membership in ETMAC is open to any person, firm or organization.
ETMAC is a non-profit corporation organized and chartered in accordance with the Tennessee Non-Profit Corporation Act – 1990.
Download the ETMAC INFORMATION SHEET